Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More Cache to Eagle series and meeting the Grandnephews

Over the weekend Matthew, Diana and I found a few more geocaches. We found caches number 2 and 3 of the Council 10 Cache to Eagle series. One was in the Spring Creek Preserve near Garland where an Eagle Scout had cleared some of the walking trail of excess vegetation and installed a bench. The other was a multi cache at the Rockwall Public Library. A scout from that area had organized a book drive.

We also picked up another travel bug at a cache near our local Target store. I noticed when searching for nearby caches that the Bionicle travel bug was hidden over there and since we are huge Lego fans we had to go for it. Matthew and I plan to use it in a Lego movie and then place it, along with the Serial Kacher geocoin and our own travel bug, in a new cache we will hide inside Wynne Park in Garland near my parent's house.



Diana with Danny (top) and Connor (bottom). Both of them were ready for a nap about this time.
On Saturday, we went over to my brother Danny's  house to visit him and his wife Susan and my nieces Sherry and Pamela, but most importantly to visit my new grandnephews Danny and Connor. Afterwards, we searched for and found a nearby cache that was pretty hard to get to but contained some cool stuff. I left behind a bracelet I made. The first one I've done since I began to learn how to make beads. Hopefully, someone will like it.


1 comment:

Mike Reynolds said...

Ok, the last two articles have got me motivated to research Geocaching here in KC... so if you get a chance tell us more about the GPS and Geocaching techniques, please!!